SUSE Certified Instructor Program
Welcome to the SUSE Certified Instructor (SCI) Program.
SCI Program Overview
To apply to the SCI program please review the flowchart above to understand the program requirements then follow the steps below to make an application to the SCI program.
Step 1: Candidates must have a SUSE Certified Engineer 12 (previously called CLP) technical certification before applying to the program. If you do not currently hold a suitable certification then first obtain the required certification. Applications from candidates without the SCE12 certification will be rejected.
Step 2: Apply to the program. Complete the online form available here
Step 3: Depending on the specific details of your application your teaching skills will be reviewed and assessed as required.
Please refer to the SCI Program Guide for full details of the program and requirements. We recommend that all applicants review this guide prior to application.
SCI Program Webcast – 22 February 2018
If you were unable to attend the SCI Program webcast or wish to review the content, the recording is now available for download here (login required).
SCI Spotlight Seminars
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 (login required)
New Course Materials Available
The materials in the instructor download section are now updated to include the following courses:
- SOC312 – his two-day course is designed for system administrators, DevOps, system engineers and others who want to learn how to deploy a SUSE OpenStack cloud using Cloud Lifecycle Manager (CLM).
- SES211v5 – This two day course teaches students how to prepare for and execute a competent and successful deployment of SUSE Enterprise Storage using standard tools, methods, and best practices.
- CAAS101v3 – This three day course is designed for system administrators, DevOps, system engineers and others who want to be introduced to SUSE CaaS Platform and Kubernetes.
- SLE201v15 – This 5 day course is designed for those who are seeking a fundamental understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) operating system. Students will be able to install and configure a SLES 15 server and integrate it into an existing network.
- SLE200 – Transitioning to SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 – New one-day course designed to introduce the new features, functionality and procedures for administering SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 to those already familiar with SLES 12
- SOC201v8 – OpenStack Administration with SUSE OpenStack Cloud is updated to version 8 of the product
- SLE221 – SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 for SAP Applications – This new hands-on two day course is designed to give an understanding of the features and components of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
New SUSE Certified Instructor Discussion Forum
The new SUSE discussion forum for SCIs is now open and available. To get access please first go to the SUSE Forums webpage and login. This will create an account for you on the forums system, then email SCI support to ask for access to the private forum.
SUSE Certified Instructor Train the Trainer Videos – Available now!
To access the video TTT sessions, click here
Based on feedback from SCIs during the last program year, we are working to make our train the trainer sessions available in video format to make it easier for SCIs to view the Train the Trainer (TTT) sessions without having to either attend an in-person session or join an online live session. We believe that this provides a more flexible approach to allow you to prepare for new training courses without having to find time to join a TTT session. This new option is now available for SLE201, and we will be adding content as we release new courses.
SUSE Certified Instructor Logos
Logos are available for use on websites, business cards and so on. Various graphic file formats can be downloaded from here. (Login Required)
SUSE Certified Instructor Events Schedule
To access the current schedule of events and Train the Trainer sessions which are scheduled for SCIs click here
Instructor Course Materials
SUSE Course materials are available to authorized SCIs. Access is controlled based on your teaching authorization status. To access course materials you must hold a teaching authorization for at least one class in the course group (Linux, Cloud, Storage, Management).
Access SUSE Course Materials (Login Required)
SCI Course Authorization Requirement Update
The two new courses will be available for existing SCIs to teach with provisional authorization for those who meet the requirements given on the authorization page.
Please also note that SCIs who have provisional authorization for Storage, Management and Cloud courses are required to complete the SCA certification exams in these topics to remain authorized. Provisional authorization will expire at the end of June 2017 for the SOC201, SOC202, SES201 and SMGR201 courses. Please ensure that you have taken your exams and notified email@example.com that you have obtained the relevant SCA certification.
Teaching Authorization Requirements
A key aspect of the SCI program is authorization to teach specific courses. To review the authorization requirements for currently available SUSE Training courses use the Course Authorization Requirements table.
SCI Program FAQs – May 2017.
I have been de-authorized from the SCI program because I did not update to SCE 12. How do I rejoin the program?
To rejoin the SCI program simply update your technical certification to SCE 12 and then contact SCI program support to ask for reinstatement to the SCI program. Reinstatement is at the discrection of the SCI Program Manager.
I cannot access course files which I am authorized to teach, how do I fix this
Send your login name and certification ID to SCI program support using the email address below.
Now that a CCR has been announced, what will happen if I did not update my certification by 31st December 2016?
SCIs who did not meet the CCR requirements by the deadline of 31st December 2016 have been expired from the program, and will no longer be authorized to teach SUSE courses or access any of the program benefits. To rejoin the program at a later date you will need to follow the processes outlined in the Program Guide related to expired status.
I have a question about the SCI program – who can I ask?
There is a new dedicated email support address for the SCI program. Please email SCI Instructor Support for assistance.