SLES 12 to 15 Certification Update
Candidates who currently hold either an SCA or SCE in Enterprise Linux 12 are able to take one update exam to update their certification(s) to version 15. Candidates who have only an SCA will receive an updated SCA in Enterprise Linux 15, and those candidates with an SCE in Enterprise Linux 12 will receive the corresponding version 15 certification.
As with all SUSE certifications, course work is not required. You need to pass this certification exam and meet the prerequisites in order to achieve the certification. We highly recommend you study the objectives and prepare for the exam.
This is a certification update exam, so to receive the SCA and/or SCE in Enterprise Linux 15 certification, you must have at least one of the certifications for Enterprise Linux 12.
- SCA in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 AND/OR
- SCE in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
Core Exam Requirement:
- Exam Type: Exam is questions based; there are 45 questions
- Exam Code: update_sles15 (previously 050-753)
- Length: You have 60 minutes to complete the exam
- Scoring: The passing score is 70%
- Retake Policy: If you do not pass the exam, you must wait 72 hours before you can schedule and take the exam again
- Cost: $99
- Evolution of Operating Systems
- Unified Installer
- Package Handling
- Unified Installer
- Extensions and Modules
- Linux Kernel 4.12
- openSSL 1.1
- YaST Partitioner
- Scripting Language Versions
- Repository Management Tool (RMT)
- Available Upgrade Paths
- SLE 15 Product Life Cycle
- Preparing for an Upgrade
- All exams are available via our certification platform Questionmark
- Log in using your SUSE Account. If you do not already have a SUSE account, you can create one here.
- Complete instructions on how to purchase and schedule your exam can be found within the dashboard of the certification exam platform along with details on how to prepare for exams. Please follow all instructions outlined within the platform to ensure a smooth proctoring experience.