SUSE Certified Engineer in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
The SUSE Certified Engineer (SCE) in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 certification is designed for those who already have experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 including general system configuration and command line work. It will cover advanced administration skills on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 and is for those who have already passed the SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 12 or 15 exam.
Update Option for SCE in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
Candidates who currently hold either an SCA or SCE in SUSE Linus Enterprise Server 12 are able to take one update exam to update their certification(s) to version 15. Candidates who have only an SCA will receive an updated SCA in Enterprise Linux 15, and those candidates with an SCE in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 will receive the corresponding version 15 certification. See the link below for the study options and certification requirements.
Candidates who do not hold the SCE in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 certification would benefit from the following course:
As with all SUSE certifications, course work is not required. You need to pass this certification exam and meet the prerequisites in order to achieve the certification. We highly recommend you study the objectives and prepare for the exam.
- SCA in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 OR
- SCA in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
Core Exam Requirement:
- Exam Type: Exam is question based
- Exam Code: sce_sles_15 (previously 050-755)
- Length: 90 minutes
- Scoring: The passing score is 70%
- Retake Policy: If you do not pass the exam, you must wait 72 hours before you can schedule and take the exam again
- Cost: $195
In addition to the objectives below, this exam may also cover objectives from the SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 15 exam.
- Advanced System Administration
- YaST Security Module
- Backup and Recovery
- Software Libraries
- General Server Health
- Monitoring Overview
- Control Groups
- Shell Scripting
- Hardware Information
- Advanced Networking
- Advanced Network Interface Types
- Network Namespaces
- Advanced Storage Administration
- Multipath IO
- Centralized Authentication
- Advanced Software Management
- Configuration Management with Salt
- Salt Overview
- Install and Configure Salt
- Salt Execution Modules
- The Salt State System
- All exams are available via our certification platform Questionmark
- Log in using your SUSE Account. If you do not already have a SUSE account, you can create one here
- Complete instructions on how to purchase and schedule your exam can be found within the dashboard of the certification exam platform along with details on how to prepare for exams. Please follow all instructions outlined within the platform to ensure a smooth proctoring experience.